Author Topic: 3675R Restoration  (Read 32998 times)

Offline TheKid#9

Re: 3675R Restoration
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday,September 04, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »
Thanks Everyone!

Finally got the body back from the shop. We did a few things while it was away. We finished up all the brakes, but we are waiting on a caliper that is on back order... However once we get that, we will bleed the brakes. Suspension is completely done, and we did some other things too.

The Color Looks Fantastic! When we picked it up today I brought my friend to help load it up, and he was speechless. It is going to look so good when it is finished! It has so much depth, and it looks much better when the sun hits it. I love it so much! Me and my dad are both getting excited!  :D

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday,September 04, 2012, 09:46:46 PM »
That car is going to be a show winner, it's looking great.  Keep posting as it goes together, it's good to see the complete restoration tale.

Brian

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday,September 05, 2012, 05:58:20 AM »
That is going to be one gorgeous Europa. Very exciting times. You are doing fantastic work here. I'm looking forward to seeing it all together.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline cal44

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday,September 05, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »
Chris,

what is nice about doing a project at a young age is the learning that will stay with you for the rest of your life.  You will be able to apply the good, the bad and not fair to other situations.

What a nice job you guys are doing.
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #19 on: Thursday,September 06, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I hope to get it finished very soon; however I don't know if it will be finished by LOG, but I'll try my best. I don't want to rush it though.

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #20 on: Saturday,September 15, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »
My dad and I got some work done today, and we will be back at it tomorrow. We will put the bumpers on later tonight or tomorrow, when we do that, it will definitely make the car shine!

Offline Steve

« Reply #21 on: Sunday,September 16, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
This has to be the fastest, high quality Europa refurbishment on record!

You & your Dad must work well together; an admirable quality these days.

Congratulations!

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #22 on: Sunday,September 16, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
Thank you! Yes me and my dad work very well together and we are working hard to get it finished soon.

We put in the Smiths heater fan, radiator, bumpers, front grill, cables for the clutch and throttle, and a lot of other small parts. Next weekend we will drop the car back on the chassis and start wiring it all up!

Its looking good, soon it will be finished and a great looking Lotus Europa TCS!

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #23 on: Monday,September 17, 2012, 06:31:04 AM »
Outstanding. She's looking great, Chris. Very impressive. :welder:
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #24 on: Monday,September 24, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »
Hey everyone!

We did a lot these past three days! So much I can't even remember all of it. The first thing we did once the body was down, and the doors were in, with our new SS door hinges, we put in a seat in to make sure I could fit. I'm 6'5 so its a tight squeeze... I have to slide down the seat a little to make my head not hit the top, but I fit! Leg room is good, but with the steering wheel in place I might have a little trouble, but I will make myself fit! Sitting in the car feels so good, wont be long now till I'll be behind the wheel driving it!

We finished up the front wiring, except for the side lights, we are just waiting on some side markers from R.D, and some other parts, than we will be done with that. We put in radiator hoses, exhaust, the whole handbrake mechanism and a lot of other small things. It is coming along great!

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday,September 25, 2012, 12:43:36 PM »
 :coolpic:
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline 3929R

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday,September 25, 2012, 05:41:01 PM »
I'm excited and it's not even in my garage.  I can't imagine how excited you must be!  Keep posting the updates.
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday,September 25, 2012, 07:31:54 PM »
Thanks! Yes my dad and I are getting very excited! He had to drag me out of the garage to go to bed the other night, because I just couldn't stop looking and smiling at it.  :D I'm excited now, just wait until I start driving it!!

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #28 on: Monday,October 01, 2012, 06:55:00 AM »
Woohoo!! Looking great, Chris.

Trevor

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday,October 17, 2012, 03:03:05 PM »
Hey Everyone! My dad and I have worked on the car a lot these past weekends.

We put in the swirl pot, hoses were fitted, hooked up fuel lines, throttle, choke and heater cables are in. Carburetors are in, with the original Airbox (Thanks Lotus23S10)!! The Airbox isn't all the way in yet, I need to get the carburetors balanced when we start it up. I just wanted to see what it would look like with it fitted. Battery cables fitted with the battery shield, we have grounded all the wires in the back and front too. We don't have a breather tube for the Airbox, so we made a filter for that as you will see in the picture. We fitted one of the sills, its not riveted in yet though. The other one we did some fiberglass work on and it is to short, so we will finish that up later... We might have done some other things too, I just can't remember. This weekend we will work on wiring the gauges in the dash. Also we got our caliper we have been waiting for so we will put that on too. The only parts I don't have are a spoiler and a fuel sender unit, everything else I have! For now the front compartment and engine bay are finished, on to the interior, and than after that, we will start her up!

We will not be attending the LOG this year as I have to take the ACT the same weekend, and my dad doesn't want to go without me. So I'll see you guys next year! The car will definitely be finished by than!