Author Topic: 3675R Restoration  (Read 33152 times)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: 3675R Restoration
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday,October 17, 2012, 10:38:11 PM »
The more I see your car Chris, the more I like the color. Once those sill covers are in place I'm sure it's going to be a show winning car, the standard of work that you and your dad are doing is as good as any I've seen by professionals.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the final completion, keep us posted.

Brian

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #31 on: Thursday,October 18, 2012, 05:33:56 AM »
Beautiful, stunning. Keep up the great work. She's looking gorgeous.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #32 on: Thursday,October 18, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
Thanks guys, we will do our best to finish her by this year!

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #33 on: Thursday,November 01, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
We are coming along, and we have come along way! Here are some before and after pictures. The last picture shows what the front compartment looked like when we first got the car and how the heater fan looked too. We are posting pictures just to show all of you how bad it used to be.

We will finish up wiring, put steering column in, liquids in and check if we have leaks. We will also check suspension and torque it down, than bolt down the chassis all the way, get the pedals in, bleed the brakes and other misc this weekend!

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: Saturday,November 03, 2012, 04:27:44 PM by TheKid#9 »

Offline cal44

« Reply #34 on: Saturday,November 03, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »
The pictures on my screen are huge.........does anyone else have this problem?

When I was taking the pics from my stash and posting them here I was getting the same issue.  When I started on Photobucket then transferred here they pix were normal size.

So, a little Photobucket and Bach to pass the time as the weather cools...................
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #35 on: Saturday,November 03, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
Sorry I forgot to resize them again on here. I'll try to fix them.

Edit- Fixed the Pictures, sorry about that everyone.
« Last Edit: Saturday,November 03, 2012, 04:28:26 PM by TheKid#9 »

Offline 3929R

« Reply #36 on: Friday,November 16, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »
Amazing!  You are in the final stretch, any updates? 
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday,November 20, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
Amazing!  You are in the final stretch, any updates?

Thanks!
Not much to update at the moment, except for wiring... We are just trying to figure out all the wires. We have wired up most of everything but know we are just getting all of those grounds in and making sure everything works. So far everything we have grounded and put power to works. Lights, wipers, hazards, blinkers, warning lights, radio, ect.

We found out that our ignition switch doesn't work. We bought another one yesterday. We didn't buy the whole steering column lock assembly, just the switch at the back where the wires go into it. That should solve that problem! Once that is done most of everything is wired up, their are some wires that we have no clue where they go... But we will figure it out soon!

Chris

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #38 on: Sunday,December 02, 2012, 08:33:31 PM »
Hey Everyone.

My dad and I got all the electrics working, and made sure the dash fit. We got the steering column in with the steering wheel. It felt good to be behind the wheel! Bought some felt for under the carpet and studs for the hinges. It appears we got all of our brake leaks fixed too.

Our job for next weekend is to get the crash pad trimmed, fitted and than we will get it upholstered. It appears we need to take off about a inch in a half to get it fitted at the front near the windshield, than trim the sides and where it fits behind the dash. If anyone has fitted on, please help.

After that we will put the wheels back on, pedals, bleed the brakes, torque suspension and than finish the interior!

We lost the charger to our camera so once we find it and charge the camera, I will post up pictures. We are getting really excited!!

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #39 on: Sunday,December 02, 2012, 09:21:58 PM »
Where did you get your crash pad? I got mine from Banks Europa in the UK. Mine is made of fiberglass and required a bit of trimming along the edge that fits next to the window. I used a pair of tin snips. I trimmed a bit then checked for fit, then trimmed some more till I was happy with the fit. I also had to trim a bit of the area that tucks under dash. Once I got it fitting nicely I used a file and cleaned the edges up, then had it covered in vinyl. Hope that helps.
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #40 on: Monday,December 03, 2012, 07:54:35 AM »
Where did you get your crash pad? I got mine from Banks Europa in the UK. Mine is made of fiberglass and required a bit of trimming along the edge that fits next to the window. I used a pair of tin snips. I trimmed a bit then checked for fit, then trimmed some more till I was happy with the fit. I also had to trim a bit of the area that tucks under dash. Once I got it fitting nicely I used a file and cleaned the edges up, then had it covered in vinyl. Hope that helps.

I got mine from banks too. That is probably what we will need to do too. Good to hear yours fits good! I also have another problem though. The holes on top for the vents do not line up, hopefully if I trim mine it will fit better. Did you have this problem too?

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #41 on: Monday,December 03, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »
I don't recall it was a problem after I trimmed the crash pad to fit. I also bought the vent grills from Banks. They are larger than the stock ones and if I recall covered any miss alignment. 
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #42 on: Monday,December 03, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
I don't recall it was a problem after I trimmed the crash pad to fit. I also bought the vent grills from Banks. They are larger than the stock ones and if I recall covered any miss alignment.

Alright thanks for the help. We will see what happens this weekend, hope it goes well.

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday,January 01, 2013, 10:01:58 PM »
Hey everyone.
My dad and I finished trimming the crash pad. Everything lines up and works great! All we need to do now is get the crash pad covered. After that everything will be in place! Everything works right now, just need to ground a couple more things once the crash pad gets covered and it will be finished. All of the lights work, headlights, tail lights, side, interior light, gauge lights. All of them! The only one that isn't working great is the oil gauge light... We replaced all of them, but once we take the crash pad off to get it covered we will check it again. All is good though!

Hope to get it over to the upholstery shop sometime this week, probably aiming for next week to start the car, but who knows. All I know it will be soon!
Still haven't found the charger for the camera, so I used my phone, not the best but it will work.

Offline 3929R

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday,January 02, 2013, 11:23:49 AM »
Exciting. Are you in an area where you can reasonably drive a Europa in the winter?  Too much snow and salt around here....  Never mind, I see you are plenty far enough south.
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA